well almost...Remember this...
Above: Matthew (May 18, 2007) born at 27 weeks, 2 pounds, 14 inches
Well, here's his younger brother...
Born at 6:49 on January 20, 2011
29 weeks, 2.5 pounds, 15.5 inches
and no, his chin is not all wrinkly--it's tape
It looks like everything is good under the circumstances (obviously he'll be in the hospital for a few months).
I'm actually doing great--in fact, I'm already home from the hospital. This was my fastest, easiest delivery. I got to the hospital around 5pm, by the time they checked me I was dialated to a 6 or 7 and then not too much later I was fully dialated. I pushed once and he was out. (Don't forget he was only 2.5 pounds).
Gastroschisis is a birth defect of the abdominal (belly) wall. The baby's intestines are found outside of the baby's body, exiting through a hole beside the belly button. The hole can be small or large and sometimes other organs, such as the stomach and liver, can also be found outside of the baby's body.

14 comments:
Congratulations! He is so tiny and so beautiful. Can't wait to hear the name and to meet him. You are amazing Sarah!
Oh my goodness! Congratulations! I'm so glad that everything is going well under the circumstances, but I'll be sure to keep a few extra good thoughts going your way.
Three fantastic boys. What a great family!
Wow! Congrats! I'm glad everything went well. Love the name!
So happy for you guys! Great name!
you're amazing sarah! these are beautiful pictures. let me know if there's anything i can do!!!
I can't wait until He's home!! I love all your kids and YOU!!! I'll be stopping by soon!!
Wow! I'm glad he seems to be doing well and that you're doing well too. I must also admit that it's cool to see how big (or little) he is considering my due date is 4 days before yours was. As anxious as I am for my little girl to get here, I want her to stay right where she is for a while. Keep us posted on everything.
Congratulations! I hope he grows fast so he can come home soon! So glad to hear you are recovering well.
Best wishes, and I am glad that you are feeling well. We'll keep him in our thoughts and prayers.
Wow, that is crazy! Congrats and we are praying that everything works out wonderfully and he develops quickly!
I can't believe you had another one so early! I hope you guys are doing okay and hanging in there with the surprise of another early little boy. What a wonderful name you picked out (I'm probably biased though since it's similar to Landon!) Anyway I hope you guys are well and that little Brandon is well too. I'm sorry you have to go through going back and forth to the hospital again! Hope you have lots of help from friends/fam and your ward to watch your two boys when you have to head to the hospital, I bet they'd be a handful! Congrats on another wonderful Crane boy!
So glad you're ok and Brandon is doing well - and I'm glad you're posting updates. He is really cute & tiny!!! We're praying for you guys...let me know if there's anything we can do.
And congratulations! :)
Sarah -- we are so relieved to hear that he is doing so well. What a miraculous little blessing he is!! So glad you are doing well -- you are all in our thoughts and prayers!
Sarah, now i know why. I can't imagine you guys got another early baby. Thank godness you and the baby were both doing well. Sarah, i am so proud of you.
Post a Comment