1.23.11
Today when we came to visit Brandon he was under a piece of plastic. I was a little curious about that since I had never seen that before. The plastic will keep him more hydrated and prevent loss of fluid from evaporation. In addition to the plastic they also increased his fluids. After talking to the nurse I realized that at this hospital they don’t use plastic tents (that’s what Matthew had), they use a piece of plastic instead. It kind of looks scary (like he could suffocate or something) but this is not a problem since he is on the ventilator (which helps him breath/breaths for him).
The good news is he is doing really well breathing. He is on low settings on the ventilator. So in comparison to Matthew—is lungs are much more developed (I guess the extra two weeks and the steroid shots for his lungs I received while pregnant are making a big difference).
And now for some pictures...
This is what we saw when we first got to the NICU today...
where's Brandon?
2 comments:
those little legs! i love the updates :) makes me feel like i'm there
Oh my goodness, how are you guys doing with all this?? I don't mean to be the downer of the group but I have so worried about little Brandon and you guys. I'm glad his breathing is better. I'm sure that has to be a pretty emotional thing to have to go through again. Did the drs have any idea why this happened again? Thanks for the updates, I'm so glad I can know more what is happening. You guys are in our prayers!
Post a Comment