Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Monkeys

8.4.2010


This morning around 6:40am Cameron woke up sad/crying/scared. I went in to get him out of bed and as I was trying to figure out why he wasn’t happy he started talking about monkeys. He said:

Another monkey coming
The monkey coming
Jumping (in the) trees
Jumping (in the) ground
Two monkey in the tree
Better hide (in the) monkeys
I want to hide (in the) monkeys
I want Matthew to hid (in the) monkeys
Not monkeys are coming

As I was trying to listen closely to the exact phrases he was saying I realized he runs “In the” together and uses it for “in the,” “on the,” and “from the.” I guess it is a smart way to get you point across since I usually automatically correct it in my head.

Well, hopefully he doesn’t have any more bad dreams about the monkeys coming. Although it was kind of cute.

3 comments:

Steph said...

Aw, how cute! I hope he doesn't have any more bad monkey dreams either :s

Kris and Megan said...

oh my goodness, what a good little talker! i'm lucky if landon gives me a two word phrase, but he does know a lot of words. poor little guy, so afraid of the monkeys!! haha too cute! and the plastic spoon thing-- landon did the same with making dents in the table- what about the plastic ones that they say are disposable in the baby section? we didn't throw any away, and they are sturdier than the normal plastic silverware.

Sarah and Scott said...

Yeah,thanks Megan. I think I'll have to go buy some plastic spoons made for kids.