Friday, July 8, 2016

Matthew's 9th birthday

On Saturday, May 21st we celebrated Matthew's 9th birthday with his Washington cousins. He wanted a rabbit theme. 

Our first and main activity was building rabbit houses. I had pre-made a bunny out of pom poms for each of the kids and then they went to work creating their own houses. It was impressive with what they came up with and how long they wanted to keep building/creating (almost two hours). 












The kids then took turns finding and hiding carrots around the house. 


Our last and final game was to "free the carrot."
I had frozen tiny carrots and the kids had to get their carrot out of the ice and eat it as fast as they could. 



To go with lunch we bought a bunch of radishes and carrots - I was impressed with how many of the kids ate the radishes. 


And last, but not least, carrot cupcakes. 



Happy Birthday Matthew!

No comments: