Monday, September 15, 2014

Utah visitors: blackberry picking

8.19.2014
We went blackberry picking and I think everyone involved encountered some burrs, thorns and/or stinging nettle. But the end result of blackberry pie and cobbler was worth it (at least in my opinion).




Gracie showing off the burrs she collected... 


picking the burrs off Sam's "tights" 
(he had knee surgery the previous week)


Matthew & Emma showing off their hard work...


one serious picker...

and I couldn't help but include this picture of Zoey... 
no she did not get stung

2 comments:

Jennifer Flinders said...

WOW! The picture with the bee is great photography! :)

All Handleys on Deck! said...

I remember when we were at Daniel's track meet a bee landed on Cameron's forehead and you started taking pictures! I still laugh to this day remembering how your first reaction was to start snapping pictures! (And in case others read this, no, Cameron was not stung either)