I feel like the week we moved was a blur. Trying to figure out what to clean/pack that wouldn't get "undone" or that we would need. At times I felt completely on top of everything and then panic would set in, wondering how I could ever get all of the packing and cleaning done in time. Scott took the van to work for a few days to drop off some of the boxes to get them out of the way. I should have saved the medicine and band aids (lesson learned) but I guess in my haste to get something "done" I wasn't thinking. My good friend Lindsey was a huge help and twice came over to help pack/clean while the kids played.
Moving Day 6.13.2014 - Friday morning Scott worked in Centralia and my sister-in-law Rebecca offered to watch the boys (huge help!), so Scott dropped them off at her house on the way to work. Scott was getting off work at 3pm and my goal was to have the rest of the house packed and to be all ready by the time he got home (so I could take him to get the truck). I got up at 6am - got the boys sent off and got to work. By 9:30am I had managed to get just our bathroom done and part of our room. Yikes! How was I ever going to be done in time?! Katelyn wanted to be held and there was still so much to do. I know God hears and answers our prayers because not much after that my neighbor Jane showed up to help. We traded off holding Katelyn, cleaning and packing. Then the sister missionaries came over and the four of us were able to get a lot done. By the time Scott came home I felt like I was in good shape (just had vacuuming upstairs to finish and the living room, kitchen and laundry room downstairs). I dropped off Scott to get the truck and and when he got it to the house and started looking at our pile of furniture he realized there was no way we were going to fit it all in. Totally my mistake-- I was the one that rented the 14 foot truck online - in my head I was thinking we wouldn't need that big of a truck since Scott was taking most of the boxes in the van during the week. (What I guess I didn't realize was that taking all the boxes early doesn't really help save that much space in the truck - since those usually fit around things anyway - we still had the same amount of big furniture and had now acquired a second set of bunk beds, a BBQ and lawn mower since our last move). We quickly called U-Haul and they let us exchange trucks - Scott got back to the house with a 20 foot truck just when everyone was arriving to load it up.
Olympia...
Katelyn still needed attention and once all of the furniture was cleared out I now felt overwhelmed with what I still needed to get done. Luckily a girl in our ward came with her dad and watched Katelyn and then my visiting teacher Jaimie and her family showed up to help. Another slight set back was when I started vacuuming our room upstairs I noticed our night stand and dresser were still in there - so the guys had to unload part of the truck and re-pack to make room. Woops!
Jaimie and her family stayed to the end. Helping hold Katelyn and cleaning so that I could head out shortly after Scott. Unfortunately I only made it about 5 min. when Katelyn woke up ready to eat and since I was hungry too, I decided to stop for fast food and to feed Katelyn. When I got to our new place in Puyallup about an hour after Scott, the guys were just finishing up unloading the truck.
our new rental in Puyallup...
I feel like we are getting settled in and have definitely enjoyed seeing more of Scott!
And hopefully this will be our last rental in Washington.


1 comment:
So glad to be here again, and so glad to know you're 4 kids' Mummy now. Matthew and Cameron look different. Hope some day i can have that chance to see you and four cute babies. Miss you and your family!
Post a Comment