Brandon has become quite the master clothes changer... he has been getting pretty good about taking everything off (remember this). We had to get creative by putting zip up pajamas on backwards but he could wiggle his way out. So we resorted to duck tape (seriously a life saver). For a while there he would sleep in nothing but a diaper or run around the house again in, you guessed it, nothing but a diaper.
But in the last little bit he has been figuring out how to get clothes back on. At first he would get frustrated because he would put both legs in the same pants hole, but now he usually gets it right. Yesterday he picked out his clothes and put them on backwards, but today he got everything on the right way, got his socks and shoes out and started putting on his socks all by himself.
Maybe this isn't that amazing, maybe your two year old has been picking out clothes and getting dressed all by himself for a while, but compared to what I am used to around here (helping my almost 6 year old and 4 year old get dressed, asking them to get dressed by themselves, begging them to get ready--having my two year old do it all by himself is pretty impressive!) Maybe some day his older brothers will start following his example.



3 comments:
Sometimes the youngest teach the older ones things :) Way to go Brandon!
That picture of him putting his sock on is really cute :) And I think it's very impressive...my two year old doesn't dress himself, and usually runs away from me when I try to put clothes on him. Kids love to be naked, I guess!
I love the duct tape!!
That is awesome that he is getting dressed himself! May it continue! :oD
Post a Comment