Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'm thirsty!


Last night while making dinner, Matthew asked me for a drink of water. I was right in the middle of doing something and it would have been hard to stop, so I didn’t get it for him. After asking over and over (in a very short period of time) and having me “ignore” him, he said, “Mom, look at me” and then proceeded to ask yet again for a drink of water. This time I looked at him (without thinking), stopped what I was doing, and got him a drink of water.


I guess he has learned that I make him “look at me” when I really want him to listen. It’s amazing what kids pick up on.

2 comments:

shirley said...

He really grows up.

Steph said...

That is adorable. It's amazing how perceptive kids are, even when it comes to getting them a glass of water :)