Ever since birth Cameron has had a tight frenum (tongue-tie). This causes the tip of his tongue to be shaped like a heart and he can’t stick his tongue out past his lip. Research shows that tongue tie may cause feeding problems, tooth problems, and speech problems. Two weeks ago I took Cameron in to get his frenum clipped (a two second procedure that barely bleeds and has a very quick recovery); well Monday was his follow-up appointment and SAD NEWS! It didn’t really work. I guess after his frenum had been clipped, it healed itself back together. So Cameron still can’t stick his tongue out very far and his tongue is still shaped like a heart. (Apparently the clipping helped a tiny bit, but not much.) So now we just have to wait and see if Cameron has a lisp once he starts talking and if he does, then they will try to fix his tongue again. I think the doctor said something about a procedure called z-plasty. I’m not sure. So sad! I was hoping to get this taken care of now when he is little and can’t remember. Poor kid.
7 comments:
I think Matt has that problem too, except the tip of his tongue isn't heart-shaped. He can barely stick his tongue out past his lips. I'll have to ask his mom about what it was like for him when he was little, and let you know.
I'm sorry that little procedure didn't work. But tongue-tied or not, he's adorable! :)
Thanks Jessica!
Poor little guy! He is stinkin' cute though! He looks like you Sarah, but I am starting to see more Scott too. At least lisps are kind of cute on little kids and eventually it will be gone I guess right?
He's still very cute! And looks happy, so that's what matters right?
Hope things go better
He's getting big fast. First time Mom here, I wish they stayed little longer :-)
He's so cute. :) Poor little guy! Hopefully it's not too much of a problem later on. Bummer I missed your giveaway!
I'm sorry the procedure didn't work too well. I love how smiley he is... what a cutie!
Wow I had no idea that could happen!!
Post a Comment