
So I have officially made it to the point in my pregnancy where Matthew was born... 27 weeks. It was weird having an ultrasound and seeing a picture of a baby that was the same developmentally as Matthew was when he was born. The lady doing the ultrasound told us this baby weighs 2 pounds, 6 ounces--I don't know how they can be that precise, but supposedly he already has 6 ounces up on Matthew (Matthew was 2 pounds at birth). My doctor in Utah had told me that basically it was a fluke that Matthew came early, but at my doctor's appointment I was told otherwise. Apparently I have a short cervix, which leads to pre-term labor. They are still doing tests and things to see what all that means, but I am supposed to take it easy and be on "bed rest." Yeah right! Like I could really sit in bed all day and watch movies. Luckily my parents live close and Scott is out of school for the summer so they will be a lot of help with Matthew. The good news is we are having another boy and we are really excited! Let's just see if I can make it to my due date of September 12th.
7 comments:
Hi Sarah, I just wanted to stop by and say congrats on the new baby!! I remember when you first posted pictures after Matthew was born and how tiny he was. It's incredible at how much he has grown!
--Sheena
How fun that you also have a blog. Welcome to the Flinders Family endless blogs! Congrats on getting this far. The second time around is much easier even if you do deliver early.
Hi Sarah, it's you cousin Cindy. I'm glad you've entered the blogging world. Congrats on the new baby. I didn't know you were expecting again...good thing for blogs:) Hope everything goes well for you and the baby.
yeah, hope you do! I was born on September 11th so that would be cool as well! We need to see some cute prego pics!!!
Wahoo for little boys! I'm so glad that everything is going well thus far! Congratulations and take advantage of having a reason to take it easy!
hey, it's been a while, but i just found your blog and wanted to say hi. congratulations on another boy! that is so exciting. hope you're feeling well and that september comes quickly for you.
Hi Sarah! I found your blog through Jackie's. Congrats on the new baby! I am so happy for you and home you have an easier time this time around. Congrats again!
Post a Comment